Sunday 24 February 2013

Crust-less, wheat free, quiche.

Recently I have had no food in the house, and therefore I have been popping in to my local Asda to pick up something for my 'lunches' at work. Seeing as my 'lunch' usually drops somewhere between 4pm and 8pm I am understandably hungry. Also, as usual, I am avoiding wheat. When you can't have bread or pasta, making or buying lunch that you can hold and have cold is actually rather frustratingly difficult.  Almost all shop bought salads are out because they feel it necessary to add pasta, obviously I can't have a sandwich. I have discovered a crust-less quiche on the shelves in the supermarket, but this still comes with a thick base of pastry! So I decided to have a go at making my own entirely crust-less quiches!

Ingredients:

6 eggs
some veg
some bacon
some cheese
(in this case about 3 broccoli florets cut up, about 1/8 leek, 1/8 red pepper, 5 cherry tomatoes, 1/4 courgette, 3 mushrooms and 2 rashers of smoked bacon)

Mixture fills 12 cupcake 'cups'

Method:

  • Cook off all the veg and bacon in a pan.



  • Whisk together the eggs with a little milk (or soya milk) and grate some cheese in. Season.
  • Pour a little oil in the bottom of each cupcake 'cup'.
  • Pour some of the egg mix in the bottom
  • Spoon in the veg & bacon mix
  • Add more cheese on top

  • Top up with the egg mix
  • Cook at 200°C for about 15mins.




They keep well in the fridge for a few days. They're great because they hold together when eating them and they have infinite variations. They can be a little tricky to get out of the tins, but are no less tasty for that.

I Highly recommend you have a go!

All content and images are © Chloe Cooter 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...