(in this case about 3 broccoli florets cut up, about 1/8 leek, 1/8 red pepper, 5 cherry tomatoes, 1/4 courgette, 3 mushrooms and 2 rashers of smoked bacon)
Mixture fills 12 cupcake 'cups'
- Cook off all the veg and bacon in a pan.
- Whisk together the eggs with a little milk (or soya milk) and grate some cheese in. Season.
- Pour a little oil in the bottom of each cupcake 'cup'.
- Pour some of the egg mix in the bottom
- Spoon in the veg & bacon mix
- Add more cheese on top
- Top up with the egg mix
- Cook at 200°C for about 15mins.
They keep well in the fridge for a few days. They're great because they hold together when eating them and they have infinite variations. They can be a little tricky to get out of the tins, but are no less tasty for that.
I Highly recommend you have a go!
All content and images are © Chloe Cooter 2013.