Sunday 6 May 2012

The Chimera's take on decoupage

A few more little insights in to what I'm working on at the moment.

As I said in this post, I'm tying to find an overall 'look' for Chloe and the Chimera, and I've finally bought the last piece of equipment (hopefully!) that I need to go forward with full throttle development. Just waiting for things to dry to see how they'll turn out!


 These, I've already shown.


These are another idea I have for a 'series' (for want of a better word.)

I think I prefer the birds in actual fact.

My aim is to develop a sort of 'modern decoupage' style that can be applied to all the things I want to work with. I.e.: home-ware, garden products and clothing and accessories.



There are very few 'clean' decoupaged or collaged items out there (that I've found anyway, I'm always worried that due to the in-a-bubble way I lead my life I've missed something huge that everyone else knows about!)

I think it's a shame that this Victorian trend still looks Victorian!

I intend to work with my own drawings as above, and with fabrics as well.


This little dude was a trial to see if colours ran or smudged. I think he's too bright for what I want to achieve, but he's too cute to leave out!

There! What do you think?

I'll post more pictures once I've done a few complete trials, so you can see the whole idea in situ, rather than cunningly done close ups!

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving the sketchy black and white ones to be honest! I like how intricate they look, and that you could build up a range and it would still look interesting and varied whilst still being part of a brand/range
    Good work, you've been reading our book haven't you?!
    Laura M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...